This is to inform the general public that The Government of the People’s Republic of China is accepting applications for Master and Doctoral Scholarships from African students.
This scholarship is intended for studies leading to the award of Master's and Doctoral Degrees at Universities in the People’s Republic of China.
The Commission of the African Union acts as the executive/administrative branch or secretariat of the AU (and is somewhat analogous to the European Commission).
It consists of a number of Commissioners dealing with different areas of policy. The Commission is headquartered in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
It should be distinguished from the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights, (based in Banjul, Gambia), which is a separate body that reports to the African Union.
- Deadline: June 29, 2018
- Course Level: Master’s and Doctoral Degrees
- Study Subject:Master Degree: Public Policy, Public Administration of National Development, Public Administration, Public Administration in International Development and Governance, Public Administration, Chinese Economy, Management of Rural Development and Management Studies, Public Health, International Communication, Transportation Engineering of Railway Operation and Management, Transportation Engineering, Professional Accounting Program, Auditing, Program in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development, Information and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrification & Information Technology in Rail Transit, International Law and Chinese Law, Public Diplomacy, International Relations.
- Doctoral Degree: Theoretical Economics in National Development
- Nationality: African countries are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will take place in China
- Eligible Countries: African students are eligible to apply
- Be fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language Candidates may be required for a written or oral examination after pre-selection.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The scholarships are open to all qualified African Nationals who meet the admission requirements set forth below.
- The Language of Instruction will be in English.
- Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying must satisfy the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- For Doctoral Candidates (Master’s degree in a relevant field is required)
- Maximum age of 35 years
How To Apply
- All interested applicants must apply directly through the respective University website and send copies by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation for applying and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be followed with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six-month validity) 3) Clear coloured passport size photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees
- Health Certificate.