This Admission guide will help all interested Nigerian students to understand and know the right procedure to take when applying into the AUN Admission Programme. The American University of Nigeria has a rolling admission policy. The admissions office will admit students prior to the Fall or Spring semesters until the University is at full capacity.
After this, all admitted applicants will be deferred to the next intake. There are two regular intake terms, per academic year, at AUN in accordance with the traditional American academic calendar.
The Fall intake occurs in August and the Spring intake occurs in January. Unless a student indicates otherwise, on his or her application, the student is admitted for the intake that is closest to the time of acceptance. The exception to this is when the University reaches capacity for the term.
Students are notified if their acceptance is deferred to an intake that occurs later than the one for which they applied.
Click here to apply for the American University of Nigeria Scholarship for free.
AUN Admission Requirements
- Students must possess a minimum Jamb score of 180 or JAMB’s yearly official cut off score to be considered for admission at AUN.
- Also required are five (5) credits, including English Language and Mathematics, on no more than two SSCE sittings, or an equivalent from a country that requires other types of exit exams or standardized tests.
Having the above scores and grades do not guarantee admission into the University. The above-mentioned requirements only qualify you for admission consideration and not necessarily acceptance. Students’ applications are carefully scrutinized, and those accepted are the ones with the highest scores and qualifications in the applicant pool.
JAMB scores, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, IGCSE etc. scores and SS1, SS2 & SS3 transcripts assess an applicants’ overall performance and are the basic factors in the decision.
Interested applicants should complete the online application form or send a filled hard copy application to:
Supported by the following documents:
- End of High/Secondary School External Exams Grades; WAEC, NECO, IGCSE, SSCE or the equivalent.
- JAMB score (minimum scores set annually)
- Copies of the applicants high/secondary school transcripts; SS1, SS2, and SS3
- A letter of recommendation/attestation from the high/secondary school attended
- A personal statement (Essay) about why the applicant chose AUN and what his/her future ambitions are
- A photocopy of ID card, International passport (picture page),
- Four personal passport Photos.
All documents can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
|TUITION AND FEES CHARGES
(FALL & SPRING)
|Tuition(15 units @ N53,000/Credit)
|Double Room W/Facilities
Double Room W/O Facilities
Triple Room W Facilities
|Triple Room W/O Facilities
|Average Housing Fee
| 7 Meals
| Average Meal Plan
|Graduation Fee (only Graduands)
|Total Other Fees
|NOTES: Additional credits more than 15 credit course load per semester will be charged at the rate of N53, 000.00
Our Bank details are as follows:
Bank Name: GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
BRANCH: 43, Galadima Aminu Way, Jimeta, Yola, Adamawa State
Account Name: AUN Fees Collection Account
Account Number: 0027121785
|AUN DOLLAR FEE COLLECTION ACCOUNT
Bank Name: GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
Branch: 43, Galadima Aminu Way, Jimeta, Yola, Adamawa State
Account Name: AUN Operating Account (Dollar)
Account Number: 0027121888
Sort Code: 058093616
Note: GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC is the only bank that is authorized to collect tuition and fees on behalf of the University.
AUN Admission Procedure
There are 4 Steps an applicant must take to gain admission to AUN which are listed below:
- Complete Application with Required Documentation: The student completes an application form, attaches required documents and materials, and sends the application to the Admission Office. Students are encouraged to apply online and to email scanned documents to the Admissions Office via email@example.com.
- AUN Acknowledges Receipt of Application: The Admission Office notifies the applicant by email of the receipt of his or her application and also informs the candidate of any missing documents if any. NOTE: The acceptance process does not proceed until all required documents are submitted and included in the applicant’s file.
- Communication of Admission Decision to Applicant: The Admission Office notifies the student in writing of the application’s acceptance or non-acceptance. If the application is successful, the acceptance letter provides a list of things that the student needs to do in order to secure a space at the University. In the event that the application is rejected, the rejection letter explains the reasons for the rejection.
- Confirmation of Acceptance by Student: The successful admission candidate makes a refundable housing deposit of N50,000 by the stipulated date to reserve a Residence Hall space. A successful candidate must undergo a medical test by completing the medical form in an accredited hospital.
When the listed above 4 steps are completed successfully, the AUN admission is considered confirmed.
AUN Admission Office Address
The Admissions Office
- American University of Nigeria
Lamido Zubairu Way
Yola Adamawa State
Abuja Liaison Office
- Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Center,
No,1 Memorial Drive,
Wuse Zone 4,
North Central Region
- AUN Liaison Office
Shehu Musa Yar Adua Center
1 Memorial Drive, Abuja, FCT, Nigeria.
- Nguwasen Begha:
- Tel: +234.807.7400.585
North East Region:
- Office of Admissions
Lamido Zubairu way,
Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria.
- Victor Edem:
- Tel: +234.805.5026.923
North West Region:
- Kano – AUN Regional Office
No 43, Tafa Balewa Road
Dantata Foods, Kano, Nigeria.
- Idris Isa Ibrahim
South East Region:
- Enugu – AUN Regional Office
Roban Store, Plot 1C, Independent Avenue,
Independence Layout, Enugu, Nigeria.
- Oluchi Abazie:
- Tel: +234.805.6200.091
South South Region:
- Port Harcourt – AUN Regional Office
Intel’s Camp Office, KM 16 Aba Express-Way
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Ifeanyi Arinze
- Tel: 234.807.5493243
- Jemine Omadeli
South West Region
Lagos – AUN Regional Office
Intel’s Office, Eko Energy Estate
1220 Bishop Oluwole Street
Off Ahmadu Bello Way Junction
Victoria Island, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Yvonne Okoro:
- Tel: 234.815.9692.478
- Tel: 234.805.2000.703