We are glad to inform all African Students, Especially the Nigerian Students that The new Edufrica Scholarship for Home and Overseas is now available on offer for African (Nigerian) Students for 2018/2019.
This African scholarship by Edufrica aims to support students who demonstrate the greatest potential to excel in their chosen field of study and have a positive impact on society.
What is Edufrica?
Edufrica is an online multimedia platform, which addresses the informational and planning needs of African scholars and students in Africa and overseas. It is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Application Deadline: July 25, 2018
- Course Level: The Edufrica Scholarship is an annual scholarship that is open to Undergraduate, Master’s, MBA and PhD programmes students within and outside Africa
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any course offered by the university
- Scholarship Award: Three $250 scholarships for Africa-based students: One shall be awarded each at undergraduate, masters and PhD levels.
- Three $500 scholarships for overseas-based students: We will strive to distribute the scholarships between different geographical locations. Students studying in any continent besides Africa can apply.
- One $250 hardship fund: This is open to overseas-based African students who run into unexpected hardships and need some support to pull through. Priority will be given to students in their final year of study or those undertaking big projects.
- Nationality: Nigerian and other African countries are eligible
- Scholarship can be taken in: Africa and overseas
Edufrica Scholarship Eligibility
- The underlined African countries are eligible to apply.
- Central African Republic, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, South Africa and some other Africa countries.
Entrance Requirements: For students to be eligible for this scholarship. him/she must meet the following requirements:
- Academic excellence: This is the most important consideration for the scholarship. We will select those who have demonstrated excellence in their studies.
- Service to the community: Applicants should demonstrate ways they have contributed to their community. Both community and contribution are defined very broadly and
- Citizenship: An applicant must be a citizen of an African country (Nigerian); if you are studying overseas, you must be doing so as an international student with your home country’s passport.
- Permanent residents of non-African countries do not qualify.
- You must have spent at least one year in your current program and be able to produce transcripts if shortlisted.
- You must complete all sections of the application form and be ready to produce documents for your claims (e.g. proof of registration at a university)
- You must be registered in an accredited university either in Africa or overseas and be enrolled full time in the university.
- Your essays must be within the word limit. One of the ways to demonstrate intelligence is to communicate concisely and effectively. We won’t be impressed by flowery language. Keep it short and straightforward.
Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply For The Edufrica Scholarship For Africans
- Complete the application form.
- As part of the application process, you also need to submit one essay.
- Write an essay discussing your dream for the continent or your country and your role in it.
- What do you wish to see? What do you wish different stakeholders on the continent would do? What do you want to do after graduation? (max. 500 words) Hardship scholarship only
- Please describe the nature of the hardship and why you do not have any other way of raising funds to address it.
- Click this Application Link to apply.
Be sure to visit the official scholarship website for more information.