We are glad to announce that Jumia Nigeria is recruiting for Head of Social Media. and The ideal candidate must hold Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business required.
Jumia, formerly known as Africa Internet Group, is a system of online commerce, marketplaces and classifieds websites and applications created in 2012. Started in Lagos, the company has a presence across 23 African countries. Jumia is Nigeria’s #1 Online Shopping Mall. Order online & pay cash on delivery. 1000+ Brands.
- Job Title: Head of Social Media
- Location: Lagos
- Job type: Full Time
- Department: Marketing
Head of Social Media Responsibilities
- In this position, you will be responsible for supporting Jumia with the development, execution and maintenance of social media engagement, monitoring, reporting, and analysis within the Marketing team.
- This position ensures all social media content and communication is in brand alignment.
In particular, you will:
- Develop the local social media strategy for Jumia Nigeria in alliance with the central strategy and group goals
- Plan and execute the social media content and activities calendar to engage online followers, drive conversations and turn followers into recurring customers of Jumia Nigeria
- Lead Social Media executives as well as assign tasks across social media team
- Coordinate cross-functional relationships between the commercial team, graphic design team, digital marketing and social media team
- Analyze and report social media performance for Jumia Nigeria
- Developing content marketing and distribution strategies with key partners and reporting strategies and progress to senior marketing manager.
- Maintain a constant awareness of social media trends locally as well as internationally and incorporate these trends in Jumia Nigeria’s social media content
- Working with the central Marketing and Communications teams to ensure alignment with company-wide best practices and policies
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business required.
- 7+ years of social media and campaign management, publishing, writing and content creation required (brand or agency).
- Success with marketing global brands via social media, transforming creative ideas into successful campaigns across multiple brands and platforms with the ability to deliver results; engagement, growth, brand sentiment, credibility, innovation
- Strong, senior relationships with social media platforms. Self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with social scheduling software such as HootSuite and Tweetdeck.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms (Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, snapchat, etc.), their audience and how each platform can be most effectively utilized
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having a strong impact in building the African e-commerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Only interested and qualified candidates should: click here to apply. Application Deadline: Not Specified.