The MasterCard Foundation Scholarships program for Nigerian students to Study in Canada 2019 is currently ongoing and applications are awarded to African who have interest in pursuing a degree program at McGill University, Canada.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic support throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
About MasterCard Foundation
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation established by Mastercard in 2006. Since its creation, the Foundation has partnered with a number of worldwide Non-governmental organizations and core partners aiming to ameliorate financial life, primarily in the Global South. MastercardFdn on Twitter.
About McGill University
McGill University (French: Université McGill) is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1821 by royal charter, granted by King George IV. The university bears the name of James McGill, a Montreal merchant originally from Scotland whose bequest in 1813 formed the university's precursor, McGill College. Mcgillu Twitter.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarships Description
- Application Deadline: 4th February 2019
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
- To be taken at (country): McGill University Canada
- Type: Masters (Non-Thesis)
- Sponsor: MasterCard Foundation
- Interested applicants must be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University
- Applicants must have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community
- Applicants must be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – 2019 Nomination Form.pdf
- Applicants must be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University
- Applicants must be Africans (Nigeria)
For further questions about the application and admission process please contact MCF email@example.com. For more information about the MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Nigerians 2019 in Canada, visit the official scholarship website.
McGill University Ranking
McGill University ranks among Canada's most prestigious universities, attracting thousands of international students from over 150 countries every year, and the highest percentage of PhD students of any Canadian research university.
McGill University owes its reputation to its 50 research centers and institutes, 400+ programs, rich history and thriving alumni network of 250,000 people around the globe.
Graduates are highly sought after by employers, with the following percentages of graduates in education or employment two years after graduation:
- 81% of art graduates
- 95% of engineering graduates
- 91% of medicine graduates
- 84% of science graduates
- 92% of all PhD respondents
This ranking is based on topuniversities.com ranking.