NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2018. Nigeria Higher Education Foundation, NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2018 for Nigerian undergraduates studying in one of its partner universities. See more details below;
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition 2018
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is pleased to announce the 4th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. We are challenging students to think critically and strategically about change and how they can effect change in Nigeria.
The NHEF is working toward a future in which Nigerian higher education is one of the best in the world – one where Nigerian institutions develop global scholars and leaders of the 21st century that can make a lasting impact in Nigeria and throughout Africa.
Therefore, NHEF seeks to collaborate with Nigerian universities and provide local and global resources to develop, sustain, and advance the skills and leadership of young Nigerian scholars.
- Grand prize winner of the 2018 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
- The first runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
- The second runner-up will be awarded N50, 000 with a year of paid tuition.
- All students enrolled in their penultimate year at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and The University of Port Harcourt.
- Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify enrollment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
The 2018 Essay Topics are themed around Technology, Youth Engagement, Gender, and Socio-Economic Growth.
- According to the National Population Commission, Nigeria’s population is currently estimated at 182 million, with more than half of the population under 30 years of age. Assess the importance of youth engagement in Nigeria’s socio-economic growth.
- “The higher education curriculum, in particular, always serves as a means of social control, legitimating [sic] existing social relations, representing somebody’s version of what constitutes important knowledge.” What are the benefits, if any, of instituting a gender-inclusive higher education curriculum in Nigeria?
- Using a case study or example(s), explore how technology can drive social change in Nigeria.
How to Enter
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Respond to one essay prompt;
- Only one essay may be submitted per student;
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
- The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
- The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
- The submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 31, 2018.
Students are encouraged to study rules on how to avoid plagiarism, as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity.
Searches related to Nigeria higher education foundation
- educational foundation in Nigeria
- foundations in Nigeria
- educational grants in Nigeria
- nigerian universities competition
- essay scholarships in Nigeria
- foundations in Lagos
- www thenhef org programs
- essay competition in Nigeria
Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Mission and Vision
- Assist Nigerian Universities to become self-sustaining by creating a culture of philanthropy within the partner university alumni community and friends of Nigeria living in the Diaspora.
- Facilitate fundraising training opportunities and play a leadership role in the development of policies and practices that enhance the fundraising and alumni enrichment capacities of our partner universities.
- Identify and develop linkages and strategic partnerships between Nigerian and foreign universities, Foundations, Corporations, government entities and qualified individuals.
Visit their Official Webpage.