We are glad to inform both undergraduate and postgraduate students that The management of Nile University of Nigeria, just published the conditions to be eligible for their scholarships, discounts, payment and refund policies for undergraduates and postgraduate applicants or students of the Nigerian Turkish Nile University.
About Nile University
Tertiary level education forms the bedrock of high-level manpower development in any nation. This highlights the need for a qualitative education at this level. There is a dearth of instructions and infrastructure to cater for the needs of our ever-increasing number of secondary school leavers.
Nile University Scholarships application procedure.
Nile University of Nigeria Scholarship Guide and Requirements.
- The amount of scholarships due to JAMB and WASSCE results is as announced by the Board of Trustee of the Nile University of Nigeria NUN.
- Students can get scholarship according to their Jamb and WAEC results in 2018/2019 academic session as follows:
- For Medicine, a JAMB score of 250 attracts 10% discount, 260 attracts 20% discount, and 270 attracts 30% discount and so forth. No discount for WAEC results.
- For Law, a JAMB score of 240 attracts 10% discount, 250 attracts 20% discount, and 260 attracts 30% discount and so forth. WASSCE/WAEC grades of 4A’s attract 10% discount, 5 A’s attracts 20%, 6 A’s attracts 30% and so forth.
- For other Departments, a JAMB score of 220 attracts 10% discount, 230 score attracts 20% discount, and 240 score attracts 30% discount and so forth.
- For other departments excluding law and medicine, WASSCE/WAEC grades of 3A’s attract 10% discount, 4 A’s attracts 20%, 5 A’s attracts 30% and so forth.
- Students with 3 A’s and above in WASSCE together with a JAMB score of 300 and above will get 100% scholarship.
Note: apart from the above offer in No 3, students will only be allowed to use either JAMB or WASSCE results but not both. Also, all scholarships are offered to a limited number of students for each department
- Students with outstanding performance in sports at the national or professional level will get up to 100% scholarship if they participate in NUN team.
- International Olympiads (IMO, IPHO, ICHO, IBO, IOI. PAMO, PASO) participants will be offered a 50% scholarship while medalists will get 100% scholarship
- The following conditions must be obeyed by Scholarship students:
- You must be successful from all the courses at the end of the session
- CGPA must be minimum of 3.50/5.00 at the end of the session
- You must complete your studies within the stipulated period allowed.
- You must not be involved in any act of misconduct or disciplinary act.
- The university reserves all the right to terminate your Scholarship if the need arises.
Nile University of Nigeria Discounts Condition.
- NTIC graduates coming to NUN are given a special amount of discount which is mentioned by the BOT for each year. They have given 10 to 40 discount to the newcomers to NUN for 2017 – 2018 academic session.
- Parents will get the following discount if they have more than one child in NUN or NTIC.
- children – 5% discount for each child
- children – 10% discount for each child
- children – 15% discount for each child
- children and more- 20% discount for each child.
- Only one (1) immediate family member (child or wife) of the NUN staff will be given 50% discount. The discount will continue as long as the staff is still working with the university.
- BOT of NUN determines the amount of discount for foreign staff family members.
- FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES:
- NUN first class graduates get 100% discount
- NUN second class upper graduates get 50% discount
- NUN second class lower graduates get 40% discount
- NUN staff with 3 years experience get 80% discount
- NTIC graduates get 30 % discount
- First class graduates from other institutions get 50% discount
- Three individuals from the same corporate organization get a discount of 10% for each person, five people and above get a discount of 20% for each person and ten people and above get a discount of 30% for each person.
- The Board of trustees and management of the Nile University of Nigeria have agreed that for all Academicians who wish to apply for the 100% scholarship are to bring a reference letter from their Dean and HOD to the Board of Trustees for approval. They shall work for NUN for 2 years after graduation. The NUN first class graduates do not have this obligation.
- Non-Academicians “who have worked here for 3 years are entitled to apply for an 80% discount scholarship as well. They shall work for NUN for 2 years after graduation in their promoted position.
- NUN graduates (PGD, Undergraduate and master’s) get 30% discount
- NUN Staff (Academic and non-academic) gets 50% discount
- NTIC graduates get 30% discount
- The board of trustees can give up to 100% discount
- Staff working in the institution under First Surat Group get 50% discount
To Benefit from any of the above please head over to the Nile University Admission Page for 2018/2019 Session to begin applying immediately.
Nile University of Nigeria Payment and Refund Policy
- The Tuition Fee is being announced before the beginning of each session.
- Tuition Fee should be paid at once at the beginning of the session or in 2 instalments at the beginning of each semester. The ones who did not pay on planned time interval, he/she shall miss his/her semester.
- Tuition fee and the number of discounts or scholarships should be written on the Admission Letter.
- Candidates who pay during the late registration period (Week) will also pay the late registration penalty.
- Fees can be reviewed annually depending on the economic condition of the country.
- In any case of withdrawal:
- after the completion of course registration, there will be NO REFUND only for that particular semester
- before the completion of course registration (for newcomers) 150.000 Naira Nonrefundable will be
deducted from the paid fees.
- In the case of deferment, all money will be refunded.
- Candidates who did not come to school for 2 consecutive semesters will have the first admission cancelled. In the case of re-admission, the current tuition fee shall apply.
- Spillover students will pay 50.000 Naira for each credit.
- Any overpayment of fees is non-refundable. The balance will be transferred to the next session