The Higher Degree by Research Scholarship is designed to support postgraduate students of outstanding research promise undertaking a higher degree by research at Edith Cowan University.
The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. The scholarship includes a stipend of $28,420 per annum to be paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer.
Other benefits include a relocation allowance (where applicable) and Overseas Students Health Cover (where applicable). The duration of the scholarship will vary depending on the duration of the course, up to two years for a Master by research and up to 3 years for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Integrated PhD.
At a Glance
- This scholarship is open to individuals who are prospective and current ECU students.
- In order to apply for this scholarship, you must have a course application in the ECU system.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible applicants must have met the minimum requirements below:
- Have been made an unconditional offer of a place in an ECU higher degree by research course*
And at least one of the following:
- Completed an Australian first class Bachelor Honours Degree (H1)*.
- Completed a Master’s Degree with the equivalent of at least 6 months full time research and a minimum course weighted average of 70%*.
- A current research doctoral enrolment with a timely Confirmation of Candidature.
- Completed your first year of an ECU Integrated PhD (J42) with a minimum course weighted average of 80%*.
- Produced at least one of the research outputs below as the sole or first author:
- a refereed article in a scholarly journal
- refereed full written conference publication
- scholarly research book or book chapter
- commissioned or peer reviewed creative work, or refereed exhibition of creative artefacts
- creative or design work that has received respected public/industry reviews in state or national/international media;
- creative or design work that is the recipient of a grant from authorised philanthropic trusts and/or state and federal arts funding body
Special exemption from the above requirements may be granted by the Associate Dean (Research) of the relevant School where an adequate case has been made by a potential supervisor.
*If you have submitted an application for course entry and have not yet been issued an offer, or you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor Honours Degree, a Master’s Degree or Integrated PhD you can apply for this scholarship and your application will be assessed conditional on achieving the minimum requirements.
You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if any of the below apply:
- You have been given entry to the ECU Integrated PhD (J42) and you have not yet completed your first year.
- You have completed an Australian Research Doctorate Degree or equivalent.
- You have completed a Master by Research and you are seeking admission to an ECU Master by Research.
- You are have been in receipt of an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the last two years.
The application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.