This is to announce that Jumia Nigeria is recruiting for Senior PHP Developer. and The ideal candidate must be skilled with MySQL or other leading RDBMS.
Jumia, formerly known as Africa Internet Group, is a system of online commerce, marketplaces and classifieds websites and applications created in 2012. Started in Lagos, the company has a presence across 23 African countries. Jumia is Nigeria’s #1 Online Shopping Mall. Order online & pay cash on delivery. 1000+ Brands.
- Job Title: Senior PHP Developer
- Location: Lagos
- Job Type: Full Time
- Department: Engineering
Senior PHP Developer Responsibilities
- Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service-oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
In particular, you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 or other OOP language
- Proficient with MySQL or other leading RDBMS
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Yii, Symfony2 or similar)
- A clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by Clicking Here. Application Deadline: Not Specified.